Monday, April 21, 2008

Two very different Floridas

Last December I judged one of the ASFA trial in Northern Florida. LONG LONG drive for me around 600 miles, drove all night and made a minor wrong turn driving into the property so instead of immediately coming upon the field trial, instead I came upon this lovely little lake at sunrise. I parked on the dam and took this photo. If I ever have time again I'd love to paint it, I love these pastels.

Now this "Florida" ( pronounced I believe Flor EE da) is about as dry a place as the one above is water logged. This is the Florida Mts of Southwestern NM with a storm brewing over them in early February of this year. Love all those yucca or century plants or whatthehellever it is they are called in the foreground. I'm sure there are a bunch of jacks in the foreground too but they are hiding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

soaptree yucca. Cooke's Range (and Cooke's Peak) in the background. But you knew that.

Sandra said...

Oops, yes actually geographically challenged me DID know this in the back of my head. This is the Mt that you plan to skivvy up at some point and it is on the wrong side of the interstate to be the Florida's. What can I say other than there is a reason that I always carry an atlas and BLM section maps when I am out West.


Vger and Tory Running Wilder