Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to Vandy, batching for a week

This was my 3 month post op visit. They were beyond pleased with my progress, I fit right in all their little charts and schedules of weight loss. I did find out I haven't been taking enough calcium supplement, my bad, I thought I was supposed to take one big horsepill twice a day but its TWO big horsepills twice a day. Got it. They drew blood for a workup to check by CBC, all the B vitamin levels and all the iron levels and some other things I can't begin to pronounce or spell. The gal walked in the little cubicle with 8 or 9 test tubes to fill up. Jeeze, I thought I'd faint but she was very good got a big vein on the first bite and all the test tubes are apparently vacumn packed so when they put them on the end they just sucked it right up. Took less than two minutes, the woman missed her calling as a vampire, I suspect in the Hindu scheme of things she may be a mosquito reborn to a higher level. So I go back July 22 I think it is for a 6 month check to see where I am then. Maybe I can come up with photos to bore everyone with between now and then.

Came home from the INCREDIBLY LONG drive from Rocky Mt NC trials yesterday ( dang it Dan no photographer so we missed you dude) and found my husband had to go to the academy Sunday night so he'll be gone until Friday afternoon. Of course since we work different shifts, the truth is I'll hardly notice it except the sink won't be full of dishes when I get home ( which I of course ignore in the usual non domesticated female manner).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan has yet to figure out how to be in two (or three) places simultaneously. Maybe franchising is the answer. Somehow I think that will still leave some people feeling unhappy........


Vger and Tory Running Wilder