Monday, April 7, 2008

Fort Smith AR

Last weekend (April 5 & 6) I made a kamikaze drive out to Fort Smith AR and back between Sat and Sun. AYEEEEEEEE. Left a bit later than I had planned on Saturday and took Kozima a bounce back boy over 6 years old who needs some quality time with me ( or I thought he did turns out he is just crazy to go anywhere anytime no hesitation). Arrived in Ft. Smith around 6 PM (left from here around 7 AM that morning) went down to the riverfront took a bunch of photos of the old fort and other buildings which will be here once I have a chance to download them and edit them. Met my friend from NM Leonore who had the Borzoi hostage I was picking up (Vger had stayed in NM when I visited in February in hopes of becoming a daddy via turkey baster but alas it didn't take). I did a bit of shopping here there and everywhere on the way, then when I got to the hotel what was on TV? PROFESSIONAL BULL RIDING OH STOP THE PRESS. Leonore says I, we can't go to supper until this is over. She was a great sport and we watched PBR from 8-9 PM alternating cringing over some hard landings and how young most of the kids were. We decided as mothers we could not watch our sons do that were they so inclined ( or crazy). Then we went to supper (look out if Leonore orders ribs ) came back and crashed. Sunday I bugged out pretty quick went to the national cemetery there took photos then took the Belle something or other historic district driving tour , more pictures then went to Oak Cemetery ( very neat and scenic with great old statuary) and took more photos. Look for them to be posted here or at least some of the best ones later this week. Vger is home and itching for some games to begin.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder