Friday, April 4, 2008

Shrinking me

Some mornings are amazing around here. I got up earlier this week dressed for work and thought jeeze you look like a bag lady. So, I got into yet another pile of jeans that I could not fit in before surgery and in amazement pulled a pair on and could breathe and function normally in them. This is the third stack of smaller pants for me. To say that I am happy and have no buyer's regrets with my decision is an understatement. I am walking 4-5 miles a day at work on my lunch and other breaks, and have the energy to do things like wash dogs and spray for thistle when I get home. It's nothing short of a miracle. Two thumbs up to Vanderbilt's superb team. Of course I can't take NSAIDs but then I don't have all the arthritic pain in my knees and hips that I had either so that is a fair trade off for me. Notice I didn't mention not eating wicked sugary things which is another off limits thing but I figure I did plenty of that the first 46 years. Good thing I didn't throw away all those old jeans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sandra,
That's great - keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes! Sue McG (PS I am enjoying your blog)


Vger and Tory Running Wilder