Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back To the Grind




OK so perhaps sometimes I overdo things. For example 10 days after my surgery out came the staples. I had the van PACKED and hit the road from the surgeon's office in Nashville heading to Arkansas, spent the night with a friend took a leisurely sort of drive to TX the next morning ( after walking my dogs that were along for either a reason or just because). So now we're up to Friday and I was headed for McKinney TX where another friend lives. Friday night spent in McKinney and Saturday we are up early for a big adventure on my route to even more adventures. A Rarities dogshow. Now 12 days after surgery I probably really didn't need to be running around a ring with a dog but I felt OK and it turned out to be a nice little sidetrip with the little dog I brought picking up half the points towards a title. That's him, me and the judge in the photo to the right here. Only once did I feel like my "innards" was coming loose.

After the show I drove on down to my friend Sherita's ( whose blog is linked here), took a little over 3 hours and the sun was going down just before I got there so I managed to capture a pretty colorful photo of the last of the light over the Santa Anna mountain which is just north of the little town of Santa Anna that Sherita lives in. Local story is that Gen. Santa Anna camped there when he invaded the US. Like Sherita says though all small TX towns have a local story, they may all have sunsets like this too.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder