Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wouldn't you know it?

One of the things I did on this trip was bring Day ( the white Borzoi with black spots in this photo) back to her owner Leonore in NM. Day had flown to TN LAST OCTOBER because she had started her season and we had planned to breed her to the top male ASFA Borzoi and the top living ASFA Borzoi right now. However...... she had other plans apparently. By the time her 3 hour flight got to TN her tooty had closed for business. There might as well have been a neon sign flashing NO ENTRY . Nobody was even vaguely interested in her and despite all the tail holding up and inspecting I could do, I couldn't find any reason for them to be interested either. So she stayed there for month after month with me doing everything but sacrificing chickens in my yard to try and get her to cycle. She said, "ain't nothing shakin' but the leaves on the trees lady". So back to Leonore's, since I was feeling poorly ( but not so poorly that we didn't manage a day in the field to meet the local wildlife with Steve Garth who by the way along with his wife own what may be the most perfect sighthound I've ever seen Camille the Galgo) I decided to stay two nights at Leonores'. Got up after the first night and we are looking at the dogs and DON'T YOU KNOW THIS BITCH IS IN SEASON? So plan B which had already been simmering on the back burner I left Vger a pretty impressive performance dog in his own rights in NM (he is the black dog in the photo). I had planned to take him to LGRA races this spring and work on that title but I am betting if I told him he could pick there is a good chance he would have chosen tooty over jackalure. Then again maybe not, he is smaller than she, I understand she is VERY LOUD and vocal protesting his attempts and their trysts may end up via turkeybaster. Such is a dog's life.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder