Tuesday, February 19, 2008

NEW MEXICO FINALLY


After leaving our property I headed for I10 in Fort Stockton which is around 30 miles south-southwest of the land and I need to know why the most expensive gasoline I purchased in twelve days and over 3000 miles of driving was in the Permian Basin of West TX where more of the crap runs out of the ground than anywhere else in the US? I mean COME ON it was over $3.20 a gallon there for regular unleaded. At any rate many hours and mountains later (isn't it funny driving I10 at night how on the Mexico side of the Rio Grande there are little towns lit up every inch of the way and on the US side it is pitch black until El Paso?) I was finally in New Mexico. It was around 10 Sunday night when I finally pulled into Deming which would be my landing pad for the next 3 days. Early the next morning my friend Dan called and he did not disappoint me, off we went to a glorious field ( under a threatening sky) to let the dogs stretch their legs and make friends with some local wildlife.


The tallest peak in this picture is Cook's peak which is over 8,000 feet. Dan says he wants to climb it this winter, um good luck with that let me know how it turns out.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder