Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Texon, no its not an oil company







OK 4th day on the road, up early that Sunday (Feb 3rd) took a bunch of photos of Sherita's Borzoi then headed West via a scenic route through West TX instead of the interstate. 10 acres of property in Pecos County actually have my name on it, and have had the last 3 years but I've never seen it so with the goal of looking at it and taking a few photos and sightseeing on the way off I go.

I'm not sure how many fans of ghost towns there are out there but I love them. This is a cool one on the backway through the Permian basin. Texon, an old oil company town originally established in 1924 by the Big Lake Oil Company, and finally closed down in 1962 (the year I was born) after they had merged with a big oil company. Now it's just sun, sand and tumbleweeds.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder