Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some promised photos of Florida

OK here's sunset at Mt. Dora on the water. They have this cute "lighthouse" there. A few more sunset photos one just as the sun dipped to the horizon and another
literally seconds later, I
love the change in depth of red. This was Friday night before the trials in Altoona Saturday and Sunday Sept 26 and 27. The campground we were at was Chisolm Trail campground, it says Altoona but there was a sign right before we got there that said Pitt so I'm not sure but it is on Hwy 19 and was maybe 2 miles from the Rocking Horse Ranch where the trial was held. Literally next door to the campground is access to Lake Dorr which is one of the waterways in the Ocala National Forest. Apparently black bears abound because there are signs everywhere warning of bear crossings and not to feed them etc. The lady who owned the campground warned us not to walk around the front of the travel trailer too quickly and to make plenty of noise because they did have bears in there on occasion. (Sure made me wonder about leaving my van open with crates of dogs in it for the weekend). Of course as has always been the case for me the more signs there are warning about bears the less likely I am to see one. I did however catch some pretty wonderful sunrise over Lake Dorr on Sunday morning pictures.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder