Monday, September 29, 2008

What a fun weekend

Will have photos up after I can get home and edit them. Am posting from Paula's computer here in Roswell, GA. Anyway, spent the weekend in Altoona, FL judging an AKC trial for Sunshine State Coursing Club of Central Florida. OH MY GOD what a beautiful field!!! Sandy grass covered level horse ranch with live oaks covered with Spanish moss. Yes, I am a real live Southerner and nothing says deep South like live oaks and Spanish moss. Drove through a large portion of the Ocala national forest and my mother and I stayed in this vintage (1966 I believe) travel trailer literally on the boundary of the NF at Lake Dorr . (Sunrise photos of Lake Dorr are forthcoming) . On Saturday night we drove down to Mt. Dora and marveled at the beautiful water front homes, stopped at one of the parks there took some photos then drove back North stopping in Eustis at a restaurant called Steakhouse that was in the old downtown. If you go there you need to eat there. While it was a bit late for me to eat steak, I ordered their crab cakes and my goodness were they tasty. Had half of one then took the other half and the other cake back for my brunch on the field the next day. Steakhouse makes their own sauces and their remoulade is to die for. While in Eustis we took in the vintage car show, street after street of spectacular cars, (I could have licked the hood on that turquoise 1964 Stingray it looked so yummy). Fun time by all. Tarzan and Vger came back with 5 LCX points. CJ came back with 1 LCX point. Our competition couldn't make it back for Sunday but I know what it is like not to be able to get off work. I wish Florida weather was cooler and less humid, the state is such eye candy albeit in an entirely different way than NM and WY.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder