Friday, September 19, 2008

Unenviable position

For those of us who were staunch Hilary supporters we are in a rather unenviable position. Many of us almost like McCain as a candidate, he is almost as close to Hilary as is Obama with both of them leaning off in different directions but neither of them are scary right or scary left. We prayed BO would pick Hilary as VP then that didn't happen and he picked Joe Biden. Not a bad choice, the fellow authored the big federal bill protecting women (well mostly women come on guys) from domestic violence that the states then all built on somewhere around a decade ago. At any rate still no Hilary.

So I waited with baited breath to find out what kind of choice would McCain have as VP, I even listened to his Rep convention speech ( and I didn't listen to any Dems this year so disheartened was I by Hilary's loss). He gave a great speech I thought but he picked a far right slightly out of touch with reality chick as his VP choice. Chah ching. So now it is so funny to occasionally be in the position of "defending" BO since I never voted for him to start with but it does look now as if the Reps far right leaning VP choice has pushed myself and many others there.

Don't get me wrong there are a couple of things I like a lot about Sarah Palin
a. She is in high state and now national politics without a law degree. No offense to my lawyer friends but I am sick of that being the only profession being represented in government administration and legislation. They can hire attorneys they don't need to be attorneys.
b. She is governor for Alaska not Tennessee. Enough said.

Equal time for the candidates.
McCain has a creepy smile, I hope his speech writers have duly noted this and will pen things that don't give him the opportunity to look like Herman Munster periodically.
Obama reminds me of a used car salesman for some reason I can't quite pin down. Maybe his speech writers could do something about that.

Anyway, enough on politics, I have decided to blow off the Atlanta dogshows and do something fun this weekend. Will write about it later!

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder