Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wahoo that should have been earlier

This should have been earlier in the week but dang getting the news that my work schedule is going to 4 days a week blew my mind and honestly I have thought of little else since I heard it I am so amazed, anway.....
Last Friday I heard from my friend Leonore that the golden boy Py finished his ASFA FCH title (WAHOO!!) Only a week before I had gotten the news that he had finished his RA (Rally Advanced) rally obedience title. It is just way too cool, he has really been a neat, fun and biddable dog that tries whatever she points him at. I have tried to update his webpage to reflect his new titles but right now Geocities and I are apparently not speaking the same language so I change it save it and then it isn't saving. I'm sure it will work out but it is irritating.
So that was the first big Wahoo the second one was that Vger (Avalon Dark Voyager of Ryhka JC,LCM) finished his AKC FC on Sunday last weekend winning a big open stake both days and BOB by forfeit on Sunday. Last year he was #1 ASFA Borzoi and finished his LCM, this year we decided to go for the AKC title, it went like this we went to TX trials in May the first day he was just out of the points , 2nd day he and CJ were tied for 1st for a 5 pt major in a 12 dog stake and since CJ was closer to finishing I forfeited V to CJ, V still got 3 points for it. In June I took he and CJ to an AKC trial in NC and on Saturday after prelims I pulled him as it was so hot and I had 5 dogs to run and walk out just too much frankly that day for me alone but CJ finished his FC on Saturday and on Sunday Vger picked up a 3 pt major. So then he was up to 6 points. Then last weekend on Saturday he was 1st of 8 opens for a 4 pt major to bring him up to 10 pts and on Sunday he was 1st of 9 opens and the owners of the FC stake winner wanted to get on the road and forfeited making the 4 pt major a 5 pointer and finishing him. So that was a thrill. He is a very cool compact (28.5 inch) little dog, quick quick quick too and fun to watch on the real thing WOW! Hope to do some more of that this fall with him.
Also this weekend another one of the Thor x Mattee puppies got her JC and had two practice/cert runs with other dogs ( one a boy and one a girl) to hopefully get her ready to compete in AKC and ASFA lure coursing this fall. Go Genie!

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder