Saturday, September 6, 2008

The week FLEW

Last Friday night after work I whizzed down to Calhoun, GA to get ready for the first Silken Southern Independent Specialty shows and lure coursing trials. Had the van already loaded just had to tell Umber, let's go. Serious traffic and a wreck blocking downtown Chattanooga slowed me down a bit but still got there before dark. My friends Francie and Chuck arrived shortly after I did, and other friends from FL too. Shirri had prepared an incredible pork roast and some salad of which I partook, then we watched some bullriding ( wasn't PBR but there were a couple of impressive bulls and rides there). Everyone but Shirri and I went to bed and we zoomed down to Walmart so I could pick up breakfast muffins for folks the next few days, some ice for the cooler and an OTC drug for myself as it looked as though I was being visited by a UTI so needed some relief with a long weekend ahead and no doctor in sight.
The event was well attended, and I think/hope everyone had a great time, I know I did. Great people, great food and fun little dogs the Silkens are. Here is a rare photo, me in a dress showing a dog (this Silken is Ultima who is Umber's sister that lives in FL with Gretchen Goode and I just LOVE her) so I must like them as the Borzoi only usually ever inspire me to wear slacks.
At any rate I finally gave up on the idea I would get better without drugs and went to the Dr. Friday after work where he found me to have a raging bacterial UTI, oh joy and now I get Cipro ( yes the drug you take if you are exposed to anthrax) which is a PITA because you can't take vitamins /mineral supplements for 6 hours before or two hours after the pills as it bonds to metals and becomes ineffective. Oh yeah and you are advised against exercising other than mildly because of the number of Achilles tendon ruptures while taking it. WTF? Great I can't take my vitamins or exercise for a week, that is really going to be great for my fitness plan.
Next week total hell week, three days I have to go in at FOUR AM due to an inspection. Then I'm off to Chattanooga Friday morning for 3 days of judging and lure coursing, entered my GH in the shows but that may have been for nothing, hard to say GH judging is pretty dismal usually.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder