Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Roma at heart

Although it isn't quite fall yet, the weather here has been pretty glorious the last week or so, upper 80s at most and then only briefly, mostly in mid or even lower 70s thanks to hurricane Fay, so it FEELS like fall. That's all it takes for me to get this urge to be going or doing every fall just like clockwork. I don't know if it was all those years spent in school when you know you are going back in the fall thus you are "doing something" or just some strange seasonal wandering urge I get but I could just take off in the fall and spend the season going hither and thon (great archaic phrase).

Just knowing that I have plans to spend a week roaming Northern NM ( in November) and then another week and a half roaming Southern NM (in December) at least gives me some hope for venting this frustration I have right now with being a responsible human that goes to work every day when I really want to be wasting that $3.50 a gallon gas burning up the roads headed toward the sunset. I'm going to come up with an itinerary ( subject to change of course but I'm pretty anal retentive about schedules so it probably won't change much) for both of those trips and post them here in hopes some other adventurous souls might want to either ride out there with me or caravan along.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder