Thursday, August 21, 2008

Feet of Clay

I am so unenthused about both of the presidential candidates I could puke. One that cries "change" "change" but has nothing of substance to say much like a parrot that has learned one word, the other a fellow that up until this election I rather liked because he did often "buck" his party but now that he is a presumptive nominee he is stepping in line and marching with the good ole' boy conservative band again.

My great grandmother was a very dark skinned, black eyed little lady born in 1897 who remembered when women weren't allowed to vote. Before she died in 1978, she instilled in me the importance that women SHOULD always vote, we have been disallowed this right in the past, and to not vote lays waste to all the work and magnificent sacrifice of those that came before us. Pearlie McKinley Cope walked everywhere and come election day she would walk several miles to wherever her designated polling place was if need be. So, I really feel like I must vote.

Feet of clay is a reference to neither candidate however but one of the possible VP choices for Obama, ie. Edwards. Now while I don't care that Edwards had an affair ( any more than I cared that Clinton did which is NADA) he did voice some minor distate about Clinton's behavior at the time everyone was flapping their arms and squawking about it. I had hoped that perhaps Obama would pick Hilary or Edwards as his Veep but Hilary didn't make the short list and Edwards obviously is no longer a player in many senses of the word. A shame too for many reasons.

I keep hoping McCain will pick someone like FL's governor Criss as his Veep candidate because from all of his environmental work that I've been reading about, party be damned he may be a sheep in wolf's clothing and I might be able to stand that ticket.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder