Friday, August 22, 2008

I've been tagged!!

Not quite like a whitetail deer but tagged nonetheless by my friend Todd to come up with 6 things that the generic you may not know about me. So here goes.

1. I have a bachelors degree in psychology and lack a masters degree by 2 classes, unfortunately it is doubtful I will ever again be motivated enough to go back but I'm not unhappy or unfulfilled about it.

2. By trade I am a teacher in a medium security male prison. So really if you want to offend me or scare me you'll have to up the ante a lot.

3. I have bred over 30 American champion Borzoi ( conformation) a few that finished in Europe and two that were Canadian champions. I don't particularly like dogshows (although they can be fun places to socialize and see old friends and make new ones) so most of these were finished by their owners not myself. Where most of my money is spent is at performance events and have bred over 35 Borzoi that made it to at least their FCH or AKC FC some of them are AKC dual champions, multiple LCM titled dogs including two #1 ASFA Borzoi, also a handful of straight racing dogs including two #1 Borzoi there (one number 1 all breeds) and what may be my proudest moment was hearing from a friend that a bitch of mine that she owns finished her NOFCA CC this year. If only I could get to those fields more often!

4. I have drawn in charcoals, pen and ink and dabbled in painting over the years. Once upon a time I actually won a 1st place for a pen and ink drawing I did at a local art show ( yes there were way more than one entry ) . It was of a Borzoi head, imagine that. Sometimes I think when I retire I need a little shotgun shack not too far off of some Interstate out west ( I10? I40? I80?) where I can paint bad sunsets and rocks and sell them to tourists . What a great retirement that would be.

5. Despite having a houseful of "death" to cats, I actually own two housecats Beevis and Peaches. Peaches is a GA girl about 9 years old that my friend Vickie Littleton gave to me before she moved to VA. Beevis is just a local double for President Clinton's cat "Socks" . Actually I only have one dog that would bother the housecats, the rest of them have had a faceful of Beevis and his claws and think it best to leave him alone.

6. Prior to discovering the still great American West my vacations were always spent on the Gulf Coast of Florida swimming, and snorkeling which I love to do. Then there was that year the bull sharks tasted all the tourists and suddenly the thoughts of swimming in places I'd gone before lost it's appeal. Of course it doesn't help that New Mexico and Wyoming are so scenic and have jackrabbits either.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder