Monday, August 4, 2008

Butterflies peacocks and projects

Two of God's gifts to the world. They are nothing but eye candy, and I LOVE them. We have a couple of butterfly bushes in the front yard, now in the sweltering heat of summer they are covered with butterflies. Here's a handsome tiger swallowtail ( I think that is what they are called). I took a bunch of these photos some are good enough for enlargements which I'll probably do just because I like them. Well, apparently you'll have to wait for the photos this *&%^$% blogger site won't let me upload anything tonight and no I haven't used all my space here. Crap . Apparently it has been going on all day today when I read the help site lots of folks have posted about their inability to put photos up. Finally 8/5 I loaded the photos, argh.

Here is my pair of black shouldered blue India peacocks. The one with the darker chest is the male, the light grey is the female. They are only a year old, she won't lay eggs for another year and the male won't have a train of any real sort for two more years. We also have a pied India blue male that was hatched here about 4 years ago and this year he finally had a beautiful tail. (Did you know they shed the tail out and regrow it every year).
Another bit of eye candy here is my most recent project, a new walkway in the front yard. It was a bit of sweaty manual labor but I love stuff like this. Next I think I'll fix up maybe an 8x 8 section with pavers and put a nice wrought iron bench on it and bird bath and some more solar lights.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder