Wednesday, September 17, 2008

November is a BUSY month

I have an earlier post labeled my November NM (New Mexico) itinerary. The rest of the month of November will not find moss growing on me either though. Oct 31-Nov 2 I'll be judging AKC field trials in Bush Louisiana which is about 40 minutes north of New Orleans.

Nov 7 (Friday) I'll be flying to Las Vegas (arriving there around 10 am their time) for the Professional Bull Riding finals that night, Sat night and Sunday lunch time. Airplane ticket is already purchased and stuck on my bulletin board. I found a great cheap car rental and hope to be able to drive out and see a few things like Red Rock Canyon NRA or Mt. Charleston or Hoover dam. Flight times were not what I had hoped for on Sunday so I am stuck in Vegas until quite late that night then fly back into Chattanooga (via Atlanta) fairly early on Monday morning.

Then on Wednesday Nov 12, I'll be flying to Tampa FL and will get to spend 5 days with my mother in Zephyrhills, on Saturday I have a sweepstakes to judge at the Ocala dogshow then we are toodling back to Tampa I think it is for a VINCE GILL concert which is way too cool. He is probably the best male vocalist in country music right now. I suspect with his range if he had been born in Italy he'd be singing opera. Pavarotti would have found him. I'll be flying back from FL on Sunday Nov 16 then I actually have to work a whole week before scooting out of town and heading West on Friday November 21st.

In the midst of all this they just told us our schedules are probably changing from five 8 hour days to four 10 hour days. Now I am all for it, because it will save me a handy chunk of change that extra day of 75 miles round trip driving to work and back but it will take getting used to, getting up even earlier and getting home an hour and a half later.

December is a pretty calm month. I'm judging an ASFA trial in Calhoun that first weekend, then down to FL (Tallahassee area) to judge the region 7 regional trial the second weekend, then nothing until I head West towards Deming NM at the end of the month. Looks like I'll have a couple of friends from AL caravanning (following) out there with me so I anticipate having a really good time. Touristy things are always best shared with good friends as is watching good dogs chase jacks.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder