Sunday, October 5, 2008

Laughing at myself

OK, I was laying on the couch watching Black Ops (movie rental) with Lance Henriksson a few moments ago and thought what the heck have I done banged up my knee there's this knot there (anyone who knows me knows I am like Blunderella and typically have bruises here and there from stumbling or hitting stuff working on fences or moving dog crates or the dogs themselves) . Sat up and started investigating it, gee it isn't sore and realized it was just a bony protuberance of the knee I had not seen in decades I guess . So I fell out laughing like a hyena, good thing I have no close neighbors or that no one was here, I might be committed.

So I popped up and thought hmmm maybe I should weigh myself, I typically weigh myself on Mondays but a day early. Last week I had lost 3 pounds to the week before and usually I stick for a couple of weeks but I popped on the lithium scale and low and behold I've lost 4 pounds since last Monday. So now my total loss since January 17 is 100 pounds on the nose, add to that the 24 pounds prior to surgery and it's considerable, well a small person. Combine this with my actually having to go out and buy smaller jeans again and this time they are size 14 talls that I haven't been able to get into since high school THREE DECADES ago and I am really going "wow what a good week I'm having". I can't believe how good I feel, I realize I have traded off one problem (morbid obesity) for another one (permanent malabsorption of everything) but right now the hips, back, knees and ankles are all telling me it was a trade up.

I wish gas would stay cheaper, I would be everywhere.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder