Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Creek Falls



Today was another spectacular fall day in Tennessee. My dad wanted to ride over to "the park" which in this neck of the woods is Fall Creek Falls State Park home of the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi river although as you can see with the drought this summer it isn't pushing a lot of water over the falls. Took several photos but the lighting just wasn't working today, wrong angles everywhere I was at, sun was just too high overhead so the readers are saved from most of these photos.





You've met my only offspring Mike here, and my mother now here's my Dad, Robert Moore, he is 66 years young and quite a beer fan if you could read this T shirt you would see it is a Benjamin Franklin quote that goes something like this. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. As my Dad says "I'm an eccentric old &@$!@^# " . I've given him a bit of a time over his "going blonde" and that was his answer to me. Of course considering the menagerie that I live with, I am quite certain the same could and has been said about me.


Speaking of me, its me in front of a danger sign at Cane Creek Cascades. The park has a number of waterfalls and cascades in it, with Fall Creek being the "famous" one but the others are lovely too. I think I have found something interesting to do on these newfound Fridays I am off. There are a number of hiking trails in the park to various falls that I've never seen but guess what I bet I see them now. I love to get out and walk in crisp weather, I don't mind the cold, you can dress for it and cold means no ticks and no snakes two creatures that I really detest.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder