Monday, November 3, 2008

A great time had in Louisiana

Have been busier than a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest lately. Last weekend judged at a 3 day AKC trial in Bush Louisiana. Man, great folks, great field and great hospitality. They sure know how to do it in the deep South. Sherita my friend from Santa Anna TX was also judging and we stayed with a friend of hers in Covington who has the most lovely aviary with finches, and all sorts of hookbills big and little. I fell in love with the umbrella cockatoo they had. If I am ever retired and home more I would love to have one for all the company they are. They love people. Saturday night they had a ROAST HOG IN THE PIT there and it was FINE eating man. Oh my my, let me sing the praises of the pig. Yummy yummy yummy I got pig in my tummy. Anyway, they also had wicked red beans and sausage for lunch Saturday ( and rice of course for those rice eaters) Sunday they had turkey and shrimp gumbo and man oh man whoever made that roux, wow. Sherita had a good weekend with one of her boys picking up majors two days and a different boy picking up a major on Sunday. I can't complain either , CJ was BOB on Sat lost the Best in Field run by one point, on Sunday though Vger was BOB and won the Best in Field run. I really really love that little goofy dog. He is so sweet. You can see him at the bottom of my blog behind his cousin Tory "running wilder". So a nice big gaudy ribbon ( which is how I think ALL Best in Field ribbons should be) for the Vee dog, a 40 pound bag of Pro Plan and his name engraved as the first dog on a perpetual trophy for a deceased club member.

Counting down the days to Las Vegas, only 3 more. I'm excited but of course dread the flight and I'm not a big city girl at all.

Oh yeah, my big news is I am down to a size 12 which ain't bad for someone who is 5'10"

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder