Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Best Layed Plans of Mice and Men and Redneck Girls

OK Sunday we did the Salt Mission scenic trail and the 3 mission ruins. My God Abo is still magnificent. Even though I'm not Catholic I can appreciate the devotion to spreading God's word that these monks had to have to sail halfway around the world then do horseback almost across this continent to build mini cities truly in the middle of nowhere. Amazing at least to me.

Monday was Taos scenic drive up there, stopped at the Sanctuario de Francis of Asisi in Rancho Taos ( just South of Taos) a spectacular adobe church from the early 1800s. Did some shopping, took a bunch of artsy photos of some buildings. Then drove out to the Gorge bridge just West of Taos , WOW what a big hole in the ground. There was shopping to be had there too with Indians from Taos Pueblo there with their wares and offering great deals. So bought a little more silver there. Drove back on the scenic "High Road To Taos" hit the Sanctuario de Chimayo, that was very intense more on that when I am home and can reduce and post photos here.

Today Chaco Canyon was planned but a run in with a log and ruined rim on thefront of the van gave me a late start so I went to Petroglyph National Monument just West of Albeq. and hiked somewhere between 5-7 miles or so between all the canyons and the two volcanoes so I "ain't" mad or feeling sorry for myself. I had a great time keeping myself amused today. Tomorrow more local stuff like the Sandia Tramway and the Albeq zoo/aquarium. More later
Peace man
Sandra at around 6500 feet tonight again.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder