Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nevada trip

OK I may be the only person who has ever been to Las Vegas and not spent a nickel on a slot machine however I did have a great 3 days out there. The afternoon of the first day was spent at Red Rock Desert National Recreation Area.





It is just a spectacular place and only about 20 minutes north west of Vegas. I won't tell you my tale of horror and my 4 hour flight to Vegas where a woman 5 feet from me puked for 4 hours, fainted and had paramedics waiting on her when we landed. No, let's NOT talk about that.
Instead lets talk about the bullriding I went out to watch. This first photo on the left the cowboy is upside down in the air on the left about to land on his left hand. The two bull fighters are distracting Mr. Bull to take him in a direction away from the cowboy landing zone. Below to the right is another cowboy doing that crazy thing of even considering sitting on 3/4 ton of hopping hamburger. Considering we were in the nosebleed section my camera got some really good photos of the action. Extendable lense cameras were not allowed and they did check your bags for them. Below left another bullrider is atop some big mean roan bull that is channeling a Lippizaner doing a capriole or some such airs above ground. These animals are so athletic and in tremendous condition. They were in pens for we fans/tourists to see and they don't have a hair knocked off of them by this sport. I would be rather remiss not to include one of the only two photos I got of Guilherme Marchi ( who was top PBR rider for 2008) riding on that Friday night. It isn't as clear as many of the other shots I got but perhaps I was so excited to see him ride that I wasn't at my best. You'll understand why when I put up some cowboy petting zoo photos.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder