Sunday, January 4, 2009

NM photos

Long time no see, well no write either. The month of December 08 completely got away from me. Holidays, work projects and the general business of living stole all my spare time. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve nor do I turn internet blogs or groups into my own personal soap opera as some do but suffice it to say I've had a drastic change in my personal circumstances that has caused me to fall back and regroup some.
Now on to pleasant topics. Let's go back and revisit my FABULOUS New Mexico trip in November 2008 for which I have posted NO pictures yet. Well look out because here they come. Above are 2 photos from Palo Duro State Park in TX just south of Amarillo. One of the water crossings and a cave I saw as we drove around the park, and here I am trying to stay warm it was pretty chilly there actually. Next the Salt Missions Trail photos I've reduced. Overall I took around 400 good photos that I actually printed on the trip so obviously they won't all be here but here is a picture of a neat little church from early 1800s that was on the way to Gran Quivera, and below Abo ruins which really to my eye was the most spectacular of the 3 mission ruins. The artsy picture to the right enlarged really well and I'll have to frame my copy I think, anyone like a 5x7 copy email me by clicking here. Will see you get one. A few other artsy photos to be found in my collection








Abo is constructed of red sandstone, Gran Quivera pictured below is a harder rock ie. limestone so parts of the old pueblo can be seen too. .

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder