Monday, January 26, 2009

1 year check up and sundry

Last Friday I spent some quality time at Vanderbilt (OK one hopes that any time you spend with a health care provider IS quality time). Blood pressure 115/73 . Pulse 59. Weight 114 pounds less than a year ago. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! Jeans size 10 vs. a 26-28 of a year ago. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound . Well OK that last sentence is an exaggeration but some days I get up feeling that good, and have to remind myself GIRL you are about to be 47 years old, have some good sense about what you can or can't do. Downside? Well, I haven't found one yet for me following RNY bypass surgery but I have struggled to be the model patient I promised the surgeon I'd be walking countless miles and working out as much as I have time for.

I get asked periodically at work, what is my "secret" for all this weight loss and I always tell them. Honey, it is no secret, I had gastric bypass surgery and if they want to know more then I am happy to give them an ear full of information. If I can pass along this blessing to someone else who needs it all the better. Now if they look at me in horror I don't volunteer anything else. My enthusiasm does know bounds.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder