Thursday, May 22, 2008

Let no good deed go unpunished

I've never discussed this anywhere much less posted about it but since someone has been misrepresenting facts I think it would be best for the truth to be known about it.
Back in 2004 after returning from the Borzoi National I got a tearful phone call from a Borzoi owner who said that her dog's breeder had just treated her like *&^% at the national and that everyone she talked to had a low opinion of the breeder and she felt like she was finally seeing the person for what the person was which was trash ( her words not mine). She asked about a litter I had planned for the fall and said she would love a puppy from it. We corresponded over the next few months, the home was well known as appropriately fenced and the dogs well cared for and ultimately the puppy she picked went to live with her. I saw him a few times after that in an xpen with a much bigger puppy (who she got from the woman she complained about which I found odd but unfortunately I didn't really put up my radar then) who sort of played rough with him, and she wrote me he was doing well but he felt defensive when he was out with the bigger dogs and told them to leave him alone. (Nothing surprising about that ). The dog turned a year old in September of 2005, I sent out my usual Christmas cards to owners never heard anything back no worries they had my email. Sometime in January when I was surfing websites one night I noticed that the woman's daughter was pictured on a website with a new puppy bred by the same person that she had called me complaining about in 2004. I thought hmmm looks like they are getting another dog from her. In February I was going to a field trial and I called my friend in the area and asked her if she had room for me to stay at her house. She was also the FTS. She said sure, I figured since *&^%$ was returning the pup to you at the trial that it would probably be easier for you to stay here. I said "What? That is the FIRST I've heard of it." She said "Oh I thought you knew she called me and said she was coming to the trial and bringing your dog back." So when I got off the phone with my friend I called the dog's owner and said, "I think it probably would have been more polite for you to contact me first rather than calling someone else and telling them you are returning the dog since I had NO idea and might not have even been at that trial." She said, "Oh I meant to". I then said to her interesting you have already gotten another dog from *(*&& that you complained so much about, please bring my dogs papers with you when you return him. When I got to the trial, she immediately came to me I said put him in the wire crate on the side do you have his papers. She said yes and signed off on them. That was the end of it. No fuss no muss, no discussion or cussin'. Then I hear from two people in her kennel club and her psycho mentor that she is now back in with that she is claiming she "had to MAKE me take my dog back". Hell she didn't even let me as the breeder be the first person to know he ws being returned, and I made NO issue of it at all, in fact no one would even know she had ever had a dog from me if she and the breeder that she claimed was trash didn't keep bringing it up periodically claiming I had "trashed" her while at the same time claiming I wouldn't take the dog back. Pretty bizarre considering there is a third party that knows the owner didn't have the courtesy to tell me about the return first, and who was there when the dog was returned so knows it was a simple and quiet affair no drama at all. I still don't understand why another breeder would start rumors about me like that since it is well known that I require a return clause in my dog's contracts.

By the way here's another funny from the the same so called "breeder". If this breeder has a litter she gives the entire litter away calling it placing them in good homes, but if anyone else let's their friends have a puppy, she says they are just "dumping" the dogs on other people . Like I said do as I say not as I do seems to be the motto for folks like this breeder.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder