Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things they will NOT tell you

If you are considering gastric bypass surgery they will talk until your ears bleed about grams of protein, ounces of fluid, BMI, cardiac suitability etc etc etc. What you won't hear is that 4 days after it, you are quite convinced that your midsection is no longer your own, it is a strange, bruised and foreign place that seems to move of its own accord as you shift around. I imagine that wouldn't make very good press for the surgeons who perform this.

I did feel better today, walked a mile in 35 degree weather, got my 70 grams of protein and over 8 cups of water, discovered new ways to burp, triple grack on that, and convinced my housedogs to please not jump up on me when I let them out since I might explode I feel so swollen from all the hospital IV fluids. If they really want to torture someone and make them tell all, hook them up to an IV and pump fluids in them a bit faster than they can hope to get rid of them. Once they reach the hound dog tick stage I guarantee they will be singing like the proverbial bird.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder