Friday, January 29, 2010

#48 came and went painlessly

January 28th, 2010 was my 48th birthday. Let me tell you about how that 24 hours went. First on January 27th as I am picking up my ID card and leaving work, they have a note stuck on it, "your passenger rear tire is almost flat". Crap, I am 37 miles from home (or any sort of a garage). Fortunately there is an airhose at the checkpoint so I pull up to it and Jeremy, a young fellow I work with hops out and airs up the tire. I thank him and head straight to Walmart in Sparta pulling into the parking lot at 6:10 PM, I walk in and ask about getting the almost new tire plugged. The kid walks out and says oh no it is too close to the side wall we can't do it. Fan freaking tastic so I leave and go home. The tire is holding air so I get to work on my birthday, have a pretty good day at work. After work Archie takes me to Outback in Cookeville where I have 2 margaritas, and order their 6 oz sirloin with a blue cheese crust and green beans (YUMMY and enough left over for lunch the next day). I got this lovely pear shaped smoky topaz necklace from him. It is set in sterling and surrounded by shiny things , so I guess I'm like a mynah bird, I talk a lot and like shiny stuff. What can I say? After we get back home there is a small bottle of extra dry Korbel champagne from Christmas that we didn't open so I opened it and we finished it off. I slept the sleep of the guileless and innocent (so shut up all you who know me)

So this morning the 29th I still have air in the leaky tire and I head to take off the trash. By the time I get back from doing this, the snow has caused my valley to look like this. Into town I head for dogfood, sheep food, chicken food and to have the *&^%$$ tire plugged. I stop to get gas and can't get gas the computers are "frozen" . What in the hello is going on with me here? Anyway, I go to my local garage and my first good news, they can plug the tire, YAY! So I walk the block from the garage up to the local Walgreens so I won't be bored to death. I pick up some sundries I needed and walk back. Second piece of good news they fix my tire for free since I frequent them. Praise BE! Then on to the CoOp, load the Corolla up with feed and back home to the snowy valley. I cannot tell you how many wrecks I pass or how slow I have to drive to stay away from the people sliding all over Hwy 1. It was scary but I didn't actually have any problems driving in the mess. So home I am, everything is fed, watered and tucked into somewhere they are pleased. Looks like I am tucked in for a cold weekend, maybe I can get some updates on my website done!

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder