Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day weekend


Memorial Day 2008 will certainly be memorable for me. I had a very very long overdue and wonderful visit with my mother in Zephyrhills FL. One of the best weekends I can ever remember in my adult life. I did manage to take my camera and found time while walking around her neighborhood each morning to take photos of the wading birds that inhabit all the ponds in the neighborhood. It was a birder's paradise, Great Blue Herons, Great White Herons ( color variation of the blue), cattle egrets, white ibis, roseate spoonbills, and SANDHILL CRANES an entire family with a big leggy baby crane almost as big as its parents and this handsome female anhinga (from the cormorant family) who posed for a bunch of photos. Then the last day a pair of wood storks, the only north American stork. Way cool.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder