Friday, November 13, 2009

Such Furor

My God you would think we were sacrificing virgins on Main Street to read the heated posts that have erupted since ASFA accepted Silken Windhounds to run in Limited Stakes ( an exhibition only status stake) . Sure they did start out as Borzoi crossed to small lurchers but 5 generations later of DNA typing and breeding one to the other you would think that this would be a moot point. No one is trying to replace any breed with them, no one is saying they are an ancient breed, only that hey we'd like to bring them out and pay the money and let them run and then go home with them. Other than breeding type to type and DNAing every single dog used in breeding, I cannot imagine what other requirements would really be needed to insure a registry is "secure". If I were a drinker, I think I'd be doing that.

2 comments:

Leonore said...

I have been shocked by the "outrage" over this decision. Seems to me 20-something years is a looooooooong time to hold a grudge, eh?

Sandra said...

You would think. What I have been even more shocked by is people that were already PO'd about other ASFA decisions and who have nothing to do with Silkens leaping on the hate a Silken bandwagon just to further their I hate ASFA cause.


Vger and Tory Running Wilder