Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vacations

When I was in my late twenties and throughout most of my thirties my idea of a vacation was hot sand,turquoise water and tropical drinks. I just knew that Florida was the place of my future. Then the last weekend of 2001 I spent several days in New Mexico. Now I "jones" for the desert from the time I am driving back from it. Of course its not only NM, I love WY too ( and I suspect I'd feel the same way about similar places in AZ, NV etc.). I'd love to move but the thought of moving all the animals, and myself and finding a different job after 20 years is rather daunting. Still the thoughts come, and they linger and peek around the corner all the time. I constantly websurf properties in various places out there, and I'm examining what kind of work might be there, but I'm afraid there would have to be another catalyst right now for me to bug out of my job after 20 years. So I content myself with my malcontent for the moment.

No comments:


Vger and Tory Running Wilder